Kids love to be creative. Decorating a pumpkin is a real fun and easy way to entertain and let them explore their artistic capabilities.
- You will need:
- orange and green construction paper
- tape or glue
- green marker
What to do:
- Fold the orange sheet of paper in half vertically
- Cut slits about an inch apart.
- Draw the face of a pumpkin with the green marker. Triangles for the eyes and nose.
- Tape it together or glue.
- Cut a strip of paper from the green construction paper about an inch wide.
- Tape or glue the green strip on the inside at the top as the handle.
Doing some Halloween shopping at Target I found these Halloween games. I got them for the boys to play with this year.
- A bean bag toss game through a cardboard pumpkin.
- A Halloween Bingo game.
- A Spin & Stretch, a Twister type game.
- A Pin the nose on the Pumpkin game.
- A Web Splat game.
- They also had a Mummy Bowling game which I opted not to get this time.
My nephew and niece slept over last night so we brought this out. The kids had such a great time playing. The Spin and Stretch was very amusing for the older ones (6-8) This was an investment well worth it. It was only big enough for 2 players to use at a time I would say, so we took turns playing with big kids then the little kids. They all enjoyed the Web Splat game. You throw slimy spiders at the target and try to hit the 100 mark. There are smaller points all throughout the board as well, of course. The kids enjoyed playing the Halloween Bingo. Pin the Nose on the Pumpkin was a hit for all. You do need your own wrap though to cover their eyes because the one provided was made of cardboard and did not stay on as it did not cover the eyes so well. I spun the kids around first to make it more fun and challenging. The bean toss through the Pumpkin was fun for them too. It came with 2 Sets of cardboard pumpkins, so one was used for the big kids and the other was used for the smaller children (2-3). They all shared and took turns with each other. Overall, I was very well pleased. It was like having a Halloween carnival in my home last night with all the kids. Check out the Halloween section at Target. They have a cute selection of Halloween Games. I think I will have to go back for the Mummy Bowling set.
Grow Your Own Pumpkin
Open up the pumpkin, add a little soil and water, and watch the seeds (which are already inside the pumpkin) grow.
Below are the top 11 must eat during Fall. Enoy!
- Pumpkin pie
- Apple Cider
- Sweet Potatoe or yams
- Cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger spices
- Chili, soups, and stews
- Brussel sprouts
- Oven baked foods like macaroni and cheese and pot pies