Halloween is such a wonderful time for us adults to give ourselves permission to play, lighten up and have some fun. Life can get very serious for us and we often lose ourselves in our obligations and responsibilities with work, errands, and raising our kids. We almost never allow time for play. Even the things we may enjoy doing like yoga, hitting the gym, meditating, or playing sports can still be moments where we are strict or hard on ourselves. Yes, they make us feel good afterwards and are oh so very important to decompress and give us a boost, but what about unfiltered, unregulated, just plain ol’ fun? Use this time to bring out the fun with a Halloween twist. For example, when the kids go to bed, put on that sexy, playful costumes, just for the both of you and let your imaginations run wild. Pretend you are the helpless victim running from a monster or zombie, or vampire, except when he does get you, he rips open your costume and makes love to you in his lair. Or be that sexy witch who has her victim under her spell and must do everything she commands for the night. Whatever you two choose to be, playing around with costumes is a great time to role play with one another and change the energy up in the bedroom department. Another idea is to have a romantic dinner for two, after the kids are asleep. It can be appetizers with wine as blood to please the senses, adding candles to the mix and soft lighting. The color red will charge your sexual energy and the wine will put you at ease. Be creative, be playful, have fun, and enjoy this special night together.
You will need:
- ground cinnamon
- rose water
- whole cranberries
What to do:
- Add honey, cinnamon, rose water, and cranberries to a blender.
- Blend until it reaches a paste consistency.
- Stir in the cornmeal.
- Apply to cleansed face in a circular motion, avoiding the eyes.
- Leave on for up to 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm cloth.
- Apply moisturizer.
- Salem, Masachussetts: They turn it spooky every year around Halloween. Experience Salem’s dark history and take a walk back in time on the candle lit Witch Trial Trail. Participate in the histroric Hawthrone Hotel for its Annual Halloween Costume Ball and check out the Festival of the Dead.
- Transylvania and Bran, Romania: You can visit Bran Castle, where Dracula is said to have lived. As well as areas like Poenari Castle and Hunyad Castle that were associated with Vlad the Implaer in the 15th century.
- New Orleans,Louisiana: With a history of Voodoo worship, and the above ground cemeteries it is spooky indeed. You can take a Spirit Tour traveling through the cemeteries and a haunted neighborhood. There are also voodoo shops that are still in use today.
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: One of the most actively haunted places in Canada, The Bytown Museum has reported 6 ghosts known to live there. The Doll Exhibit is known to have some spooky activity as well.
- Orlando, Florida: Every year in Universal Studios after hours they turn it into Halloween Horror Nights. There are haunted houses, entertainment, and shows. At Walt Disney World the Magic Kingdom they also host Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party. Check out Fright Fest at Six Flags as well.
- London, England: Experience the bloody history of the London Dungeon. This museum includes scary tours from Bloody Mary, Jack the Ripper, and Sweeney Todd. Other fun activities include Highgate Cemetery, the Tower of London, and William Shakeaspere ‘s Globe Theater.
- Long beach, California: The Queen Mary transforms the ship into the Ship of Terror with mazes and terrifying surprises. other activities include live music at Purgatory Park and dancing at the Dome of Doom.
- New York, New York: Stop by the Nightmare Haunted House for a frightening experience or dressed in costume go to New York’s Village Halloween parade.
- Rachel, Nevada: Check out Area 51. The closest observation point is at Tikaboo Peak, about 26 miles from the base. Located 27 miles to the North of Area 51 is the town of Rachel, tucked in the Sand Springs Valley, Nevada.
- Oaxaca, Mexico: Dia de los Muertos is a tradition that fused celebrations. The city is decorated in skeletons and they host a huge cemetery parade .
They also have tons of haunted places all over the world that can easily be found online to which you can travel to if you want to be spookified.